Resources for rehoming fish?

Fiddlersgreen19

Hey everybody,

Sad day for me but a change in living arrangements are forcing me to part with my rainbow fish and corydoras. I don’t have and won’t get social media but any resources in the greater Seattle area forums or shops that might help in this process would be greatly appreciated. 

Multiple bosemani, praecox, sunset dwarf and yellow rainbow fish all from imperial tropical all healthy and happy and acquired around march and april 2018. 

• Sad 2

The fish stores are apt to have cycled tanks and know what kind of space and care your fish need. It might be less stressful for you and the fish to have a knowledgeable fish store person get them all at the same time, rather than trying to set up times for many people to come to your fish to look, but decide they don't want them after all. It sounds like you are in a situation that is already stressful enough.

I hope things improve quickly.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I'm sorry you have to do this, how sad. Do you have a veterinarian? Most don't see fish but if you have other pets, my vet for my cats has a board you can post on. Maybe Midway Pets has a contact with a fish club that they can refer you to or give your information to. You can try Craigslist but I'm not the biggest fan of that- however you can ask prospective takers what their experience is and I know there are people who look for used aquariums all the time who are major fish people. Some animal shelters too may  have referals for you.

• Thanks 1

I know you are against social media but if desperate fbook is *always* loaded with active hobbyists eager to take in fish to rehome. LFS are very hit or miss when it comes to taking in oddball fish. You can always have a family or friend who uses facebook post on your behalf.

• Like 1