Unidentified native plant species

On 2/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, HydraSlayer said:

@Seattle_Aquarist, It was collected in Southern Missouri, USA.

LOL HydraSlayer,  I grew up in St. Louis and my brother lives outside Springfield...small world!  Ludwigia palustris is native to Missouri and that could easily be the species you have found based upon the leaf shape and the leaves emerging in pairs on opposite sides of the stem.  See how it does as it grows out and you should be able to verify the identity.  -Roy

On 2/2/2022 at 5:08 PM, Seattle_Aquarist said:
On 2/2/2022 at 5:08 PM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Ludwigia palustris is native to Missouri and that could easily be the species you have found based upon the leaf shape and the leaves emerging in pairs on opposite sides of the stem.

I live in Western New York, and earlier this year I collected a plant that I believe is Ludwigia Palustris from a drainage ditch on my grandparents property.

81FB40BF-474C-463B-8FD4-B181D873F32F.jpeg

Edited by a tired fish keeper

On 2/2/2022 at 11:12 PM, a tired fish keeper said:

I live in Western New York, and earlier this year I collected a plant that I believe is Ludwigia Palustris from a drainage ditch on my grandparents property.

Hi @a tired fish keeper

L. palustris is native to the east coast but has spread and is found in a fairly large range; here in the U.S,, Canada, and overseas.  You can see a map from the USDA here:  https://plants.usda.gov/home/plantProfile?symbol=LUPA

• Like 1