Nano Tank Co2 Setup Pics

What does everyone use for their nano CO2 setups? I have a regulator that screws onto a paintball tank. HOWEVER…quickly learning nobody fills paintball tanks anymore, so starting to realize that I may need a new setup. It’s a shame because this was super easy. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!

On 2/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, zayackylepga said:

nano CO2 setups

I don`t know why I must comment on CO2, but I miss the simpler times of life, now it`s all about the latest and greatest products and who makes the most money. IMO, I think CO2 is a waste of money, it`s one of those products you must keep spending money on and because of that I`ll never do CO2.

All I can say is to those who use CO2 you're making these companies very happy.

I know that most will disagree with me, but why would I want any type of plant that takes special care just because it pretty. I don`t like to waste money, but yes, I do with all the different fertilizers available.

Ok I`m done with my rant.🙃  

I do low tech but admire a neat co2 set up. I know we have lots of threads that talk co2 types, try searching threads and you should get some ideas. I actually admire the diy set ups that don't have to be expensive like in this Co-op video:

I also really enjoy set ups like @Mmiller2001 does- tho he's critical of his work I think it's amazing. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 8:19 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

I don`t know why I must comment on CO2, but I miss the simpler times of life, now it`s all about the latest and greatest products and who makes the most money. IMO, I think CO2 is a waste of money, it`s one of those products you must keep spending money on and because of that I`ll never do CO2.

All I can say is to those who use CO2 you're making these companies very happy.

I know that most will disagree with me, but why would I want any type of plant that takes special care just because it pretty. I don`t like to waste money, but yes, I do with all the different fertilizers available.

Ok I`m done with my rant.🙃  

Because some of us want tanks that look like these guy's, and it's 100% impossible with out CO2. 

And when you break the cost down, it's not that expensive. And some of us have bigger budgets so trying different products means little.

Why buy a smart phone when a flip phone is cheaper? Why buy a house when I could rent a small apartment cheaper?

Why, because it appeals to or interests us.

4145.jpg.d2295dbc5cc708e3ad1a29d5d029e120.jpg

50630553177_214f0bf34e_k.jpg

50865009967_e047fd155c_h.jpg

On 2/1/2022 at 7:36 AM, zayackylepga said:

What does everyone use for their nano CO2 setups? I have a regulator that screws onto a paintball tank. HOWEVER…quickly learning nobody fills paintball tanks anymore, so starting to realize that I may need a new setup. It’s a shame because this was super easy. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!

CO2Art has a great entry level regulator kit and you could run a 5 pound tank easily on a small tank. Also, Greenleafaquariums has a 100 dollar regulator that's very budget friendly. It's dual stage but not dual guage. But GLA is top notch.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Love 1

On 2/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

Why, because it appeals to or interests us

I say good for you....

On 2/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

Because some of us want tanks that look like these guy's,

Did I ruffle somebody`s feathers? I would rather see fish than plants, but I guess that`s just me. Have a great day.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:34 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

I say good for you....

Did I ruffle somebody`s feathers? I would rather see fish than plants, but I guess that`s just me. Have a great day.

Try not to be so bitter, it comes off shallow. I was like this some time ago. It's a waste of energy. Your comments just aren't necessary. It's okay not to comment if you don't like something.

• Like 1

AAAnnyway.

Everyone has their favorite system. I had nano tanks and I originally used a very cheap diy system like the video @xXInkedPhoenixX posted. I found that I prefer low tec for nano tanks. Maybe some day I will go for a gorgeous tank like @Mmiller2001, but for now I feel like nano tanks are easy to plant without using high maintenance plants. Does anyone like the little fluval systems? I always thought a clever person might be able to rig that to diy co2 and break the dependency on canisters.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, Brandy said:

AAAnnyway.

Everyone has their favorite system. I had nano tanks and I originally used a very cheap diy system like the video @xXInkedPhoenixX posted. I found that I prefer low tec for nano tanks. Maybe some day I will go for a gorgeous tank like @Mmiller2001, but for now I feel like nano tanks are easy to plant without using high maintenance plants. Does anyone like the little fluval systems? I always thought a clever person might be able to rig that to diy co2 and break the dependency on canisters.

My friend is trying this DIY system. Has everything to get started. It lasts 30 days for him. They make a larger one as well if you want to push harder. I'd imagine for medium light tanks, it would work really well.

ZRDR CO2 Generator System Carbon Dioxide 2L with Dual Gauge Display Pressure Gauge Automatic Pressure Relief Valve Bubble Counter for Plants Aquarium, Stable Output https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NBVZHB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_M6NBSSC1XAS3WHDTC51S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the larger one. It looks like it offers double the capacity for just $10 more.

ZRDR Co2 Generator System 2L with Pressure Gauge Automatic Pressure Relief Valve Bubble Counter for Aquarium Plants,Stable Output Sent Steel Bottle Base https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0924H7KV9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_5SBB799WQB7YZQ68FR48?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Mmiller2001

On 2/1/2022 at 8:19 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

I think CO2 is a waste of money, it`s one of those products you must keep spending money on and because of that I`ll never do CO2.

Sorry for the derail OP!

My CO2 system for my 90g costs $14/year to refill the 20lb tank and more than pays for itself through extra growth, so you're a bit out of line.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:50 AM, Vanish said:

Sorry for the derail OP!

My CO2 system for my 90g costs $14/year to refill the 20lb tank and more than pays for itself through extra growth, so you're a bit out of line.

No matter, we all have opinions. I don't run it, but I like learning about others who do. Let's focus on the OP question. I too would like to see PHOTOS OF SYSTEMS. 

Get cracking people. Pics or it didn't happen! 😆

I personally love the look of planted tanks run with CO2. The variety of plants is enough to make me want to try it, but I am spatially challenged and frankly can't even see the possibilities with little tanks, which is what I have.

I also like to see all the different configurations and the tech behind them, since I am a geek when it comes to toys.

I do like that this thread was started so I can live vicariously through you all, so thank you! 😍

• Like 2

Yeah, my understanding of pressurized tanks is that the output pressure is plenty high, controlled by your regulator, and a manifold is not that hard, but what would you need after the manifold? I assume you need to be able to balance your flow rate at each tank like with any manifold. Would you just time bubbles per second or something to balance them?

Some (non-aquarium-related) systems I work on have complicated mixing valves that will give you precise flow rates of different gasses in  deciliters per minute. But I understand pressurized systems for aquariums don't require that kind of precision. 

On 2/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, Brandy said:

what would you need after the manifold? I assume you need to be able to balance your flow rate at each tank like with any manifold. Would you just time bubbles per second or something to balance them?

A needle valve and bubble counter on each output of the manifold. I have a flowmeter on my 90g but that would be overkill on a nano.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, MyFish said:

I bought the Clscea G700s 2.3L cO2 system and so far for two days I love it!  I have the solenoid hooked up to a timer to run during the day and off at night.

image.jpg

Where do you get that tank filled at once empty? That’s where I’m having a tough time

It’s a all in one reaction tank.  You make the solution yourself.  400g citric acid + 400g of baking soda (both food grade available on Amazon) + 600ml of filtered water I used RODI reverse osmosis DI, you can use distilled water for purity also.  So far mine has lasted a week with 1-2 bibles a sec.  I think my solenoid is faulty though it worked great for the first couple days on the timer then it’s still allows a trickle of CO2 through after the solenoid shuts off I don’t know if that’s residual pressure or a bad solenoid so what I have done it’s just operate it manually now.

I suppose I have to order a new solenoid through Amazon their website where I got the machine.  
I recommend a CO2 checker that you attach to the interior wall of your tank with a suction cup to monitor so your CO2 levels do not go high at night time.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, MyFish said:

It’s a all in one reaction tank.  You make the solution yourself.  400g citric acid + 400g of baking soda (both food grade available on Amazon) + 600ml of filtered water I used RODI reverse osmosis DI, you can use distilled water for purity also.  So far mine has lasted a week with 1-2 bibles a sec.  I think my solenoid is faulty though it worked great for the first couple days on the timer then it’s still allows a trickle of CO2 through after the solenoid shuts off I don’t know if that’s residual pressure or a bad solenoid so what I have done it’s just operate it manually now.

I suppose I have to order a new solenoid through Amazon their website where I got the machine.  
I recommend a CO2 checker that you attach to the interior wall of your tank with a suction cup to monitor so your CO2 levels do not go high at night time.

Awesome! Thanks for the pic of the setup

• Like 1