Rummynose tetra, might be the best fish ever?

Atitagain

On 1/31/2022 at 3:14 PM, Colu said:

That a lot of pearl gourami's have you been breeding them

No, I haven't.  It started out as something to use store credit on when I took some plants and shrimp to my local fish store.  That got me up to eight.

Then my daughter-in-law made a deal with someone for a 55 gallon tank and everything with it, including the fish.  It had pearls, and she didn't want them and offered them to me.  That's how I got to fourteen.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 10:15 PM, JettsPapa said:

No, I haven't.  It started out as something to use store credit on when I took some plants and shrimp to my local fish store.  That got me up to eight.

Then my daughter-in-law made a deal with someone for a 55 gallon tank and everything with it, including the fish.  It had pearls, and she didn't want them and offered them to me.  That's how I got to fourteen.

Store credit a good enough reason to eat up with 14 pearl gourami's  I had a breeding pair about ten years ago really colourful  loved watching them build a bubble nest

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 4:01 PM, Colu said:

I love the colours of my Columbian blue tetras when the light hits them just right that blue just spectacular 1834075046_Screenshot_20211026-0017072.png.46a4af90b2fa7a5686d573cad7ac7b3c.png853654016_Screenshot_20211026-0016202.png.f9bf9c2e725da7fdff9d134bfcc8bb59.png

Definitely those look great, maybe a decent group of them would look good with my rummys and cardinals.

@zayackylepga he looks very cool weaving in there. And your plants look great!

@Beardedbillygoat1975 as much as you all talk about the pandas I might make them the next Corys I buy. But I can’t get enough of the salt and peppers (habrosus) 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 1/31/2022 at 5:29 PM, jwcarlson said:

I've never had them until a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately they came in with *something* that we're still sorting out.  But they're clearing up and they're really fun to watch.  Excited to get them out of QT and into the 75.

I had major problems getting rummynose to do well in my water. Don’t know if I figured something out or got lucky but I started using a lot of Indian almond leaves and they have been going strong.👍

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 11:30 PM, Atitagain said:

Definitely those look great, maybe a decent group of them would look good with my rummys and cardinals.

They are one of the larger tetras and are constantly chasing each other  trying to sort out the pecking order in a planted tank the colours are great 

• Like 1