Rummynose tetra, might be the best fish ever?

On 1/31/2022 at 3:14 PM, Colu said:

That a lot of pearl gourami's have you been breeding them

No, I haven't.  It started out as something to use store credit on when I took some plants and shrimp to my local fish store.  That got me up to eight.

Then my daughter-in-law made a deal with someone for a 55 gallon tank and everything with it, including the fish.  It had pearls, and she didn't want them and offered them to me.  That's how I got to fourteen.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 10:15 PM, JettsPapa said:

No, I haven't.  It started out as something to use store credit on when I took some plants and shrimp to my local fish store.  That got me up to eight.

Then my daughter-in-law made a deal with someone for a 55 gallon tank and everything with it, including the fish.  It had pearls, and she didn't want them and offered them to me.  That's how I got to fourteen.

Store credit a good enough reason to eat up with 14 pearl gourami's  I had a breeding pair about ten years ago really colourful  loved watching them build a bubble nest

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 4:01 PM, Colu said:

I love the colours of my Columbian blue tetras when the light hits them just right that blue just spectacular 1834075046_Screenshot_20211026-0017072.png.46a4af90b2fa7a5686d573cad7ac7b3c.png853654016_Screenshot_20211026-0016202.png.f9bf9c2e725da7fdff9d134bfcc8bb59.png

Definitely those look great, maybe a decent group of them would look good with my rummys and cardinals.

@zayackylepga he looks very cool weaving in there. And your plants look great!

@Beardedbillygoat1975 as much as you all talk about the pandas I might make them the next Corys I buy. But I can’t get enough of the salt and peppers (habrosus) 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 1/31/2022 at 5:29 PM, jwcarlson said:

I've never had them until a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately they came in with *something* that we're still sorting out.  But they're clearing up and they're really fun to watch.  Excited to get them out of QT and into the 75.

I had major problems getting rummynose to do well in my water. Don’t know if I figured something out or got lucky but I started using a lot of Indian almond leaves and they have been going strong.👍

• Like 1