Need help with disease identification and treatment

Fishguy

I have a neon tetra with some kind of disease on its tail. I have tried multiple kinds of medicine (bacterial and fungal). Below is a pic of the sick fish. I would really hate to see him pass because of this. Thank you for your time and please help!

20220130_194150.jpg

Could be a tumor or a benign growth also possible bacterial infections what are your water parameters and what medication have you treated with and have you noticed any improvement with any of the medication you have used

I don’t think there is much you can do about it. I had one that had something Similar near the dorsal fin but it didn’t look as red. It lived for years. I said about how red it it was because that means that there is probably a lot of blood vessels running to it. If it is fast growing it will probably kill the fish pretty quick if it’s slow I could live a long time. It doesn’t seem like the fish could be in very good shape where it is located at. You may have to make a decision at some point on the quality of the life the fish is living. It’s a lot to say from one fuzzy pic. I’m just saying 

On 1/31/2022 at 3:36 AM, Colu said:

Could be a tumor or a benign growth also possible bacterial infections what are your water parameters and what medication have you treated with and have you noticed any improvement with any of the medication you have used

I haave used ich-x tetra lifeguard fritz maracryn parazi pro API mayafix and the only one that kind of worked was parazi pro and it stopped working 😞

What I would do is Qarantine give the meds a rest as there can be stressful and hard on a fish when it's been treated with multiple medication what I would do is add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons the salt will help with Gill function and add essential electrolytes  and some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties make sure your water parameters are good if you have poor water quality it will slow down the healing process I would treat with the salt and almond leaves for 1 week if after a week your seeing no improvement then I would treat with kanaplex in food as kanaplex is a more broad spectrum antibiotic than maracyn

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png