What projects are you working on?

Patrick_G

Here’s my list:

-Set up brackish 40 Breeder for a Green Spotted Puffer. I have the tank, stand, light, sand and hardscape but need to get a filter, a lid and salt. It’s going in my daughter’s room so I’m waiting on her to clear a spot. 

-Set up high tech aquascape tank. I have the tank, high end light, canister filter with built in heater, substrate and some hardscape. I need to make a stand, buy Co2 gear and start planning the scape. 

-Conert my 75 gallon from  mid temperature 75 degree water to a higher temp environment for German Blue Rams. This mostly means moving most of the current stock and starting over with the Rams and new cleaning crew and dither fish. 

-Rehome the guppies from my summer tub project so I can use their indoor tank as quarantine.

-Break down my three gallon no filter tank. It’s been fun but I’m ready to move on to something else.

-Double the size of my above ground Goldfish pond. The current one has stable parameters but the fish are growing and will need more space soon.  

• Like 6

Casually breeding my blue platies and humpback limia as usual.
I recently moved some plant trimmings around, filling in space in my 40 and 75.
And I've planted some new stuff in my 29, trying to get some more plant variety other than vallisneria

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm waiting to see if my bloody mary neocaradina momma dropped her babies!

I'm considering adding some kind of schooling fish to my 75 but it's a big decision on what; they have to be big enough to not be food, but peaceful enough to not bother the other fish. I'd really like a little group of these Synodontis multipunctatis catfish hybrids I've seen for sale online, but I worry about them being a good fit; even though everything says they would be. I've been trying decide this for like 6 months, lol.

Edited by H.K.Luterman
  • Like 4

Pretty simple here:

A planted tank with a betta and some friends

And a larger community tank with some tetras and corys (I am going to start planting more in this tank)

Also have some blue crystal shrimp in my tank which love climbing all over the plants 

• Like 3

I’m working on a 60 gallon peninsula tank for a red mangrove biotope with figure 8s and some blenny, tonguefish, and possibly a small insectivorous moray if I can get my hands on one.

The other project is a secret I’ve been designing and planning the last month. Look for it tomorrow on the journals 😋 

Shameless plug I know

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

-Finish the fish room construction, I am so close!

-Organize the fish room

-Moving my plecos over to their own breeding glass tank with neocaridina 

-Moving my panda corys to their own breeding glass tank with no guests

-Setting up glass breeding tanks for my blue hawaiian guppies x 1 and dwarf platys

-Setting up the colony of F. gardneri in a glass tank

-hatch out 9 red white lame ricefish eggs on their way this week

-ricefish will need 3 setups created - one 50 g rubbermaid trough, one 17 g muck bucket and a 27 g patio pond

• Like 4

On 1/31/2022 at 11:48 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

I’m working on a 60 gallon peninsula tank for a red mangrove biotope with figure 8s and some blenny, tonguefish, and possibly a small insectivorous moray if I can get my hands on one.

Insectivorous moray would be a great band name!

Edited by PineSong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

On 2/1/2022 at 7:35 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

If I didn’t have the vocal talents of a dying seal we could start a NERM band, play in small LFS across the world. Have fun nicknames like the spice girls. 🤩

I’ll be baby shark-doo-doo-doo

I’m thinking a Flight Of The Conchords style parody band 😆

• Love 2

My basement is full of tanks and I'm sure my roomates are sick of them anyways so no new tank setups for me. 

I just rescaped my 5.5 gallon and was met with a very bizarre set of events that seems to be taken care of now

I should rescape my other 5 gallon as the driftwood in there is very old and falling apart.

I'm breeding my shell dweller cichlids, hopefully for a little profit to cover my aquarium maintenance costs like RODI filters and such

Finally I've been trying to finish the stock on my 125 gallon aquarium with a bottom dwelling species and replacing the rainbowfish with more denison barbs to make that school larger. 

• Like 1