Beta unique tank mates

Lizard-King

Looking to find some tank mates for a Betta that are a little more unique. I have a very timid and shy female betta that I know (from keeping her with other fish) she doesn’t have a shred of aggression in her. She’s in a 29 gallon by herself, live planted aquarium with low lighting. Any suggestions? (I have watched many videos including Cory’s two different ones and I just want something different from the typical tetra, or pleco)

Hi, welcome to the forum. In a 29 gallon you could get a really large group of Ember Tetras, there very small (less than half an inch) are pretty orange and hang out in a pretty tight group. If your Betta is truly shy and non-agressive I think they'd be neat to see- you could get 20 of them. You could also have a bottom dweller or 2, like a Hillstream loach. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX

29 gallons is enough room that you can probably get away with quite a few tank mates as long as she isn't aggressive. I agree with the ember tetra suggestion, any smaller more timid fish would probably be fine. I wouldn't do neons though, they seem to be meaner than embers in my experience.

• Like 1