To use pot or not to?

As far as I am concerned, you can smoke whatever you please.

Okay, now that I read past the title I can see that is not what you meant. I leave plants in pots for weeks, sometimes months. They generally survive.

Edited by HH Morant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/27/2022 at 5:27 PM, FrozenFins said:

Yeah you can totally leave it in its pot. I've done that for lots of my plants for several weeks at a time, no problem that I've encountered when doing so!

Okay thank you so much!! 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:28 PM, HH Morant said:

As far as I am concerned, you can smoke whatever you please.

Okay, now that I read past the title I can see that is not what you meant. I leave plants in pots four weeks, sometimes months. They generally survive.

Lolll love the sense of humor but okay good to know, I’m just testing out different plants right now to see what works best for my parameters and stuff

Pots rock. Mobile plants are a good thing. They tend to get root-bound just like terrestrial plants. I tend to just put them in bigger pots and put them back in. But yeah, many people in the hobby have a staging tank for plants. Some have a quarantine setup for plants. It just helps to have an aquarium or even a 5 gallon bucket you can throw plants into temporarily.

Reason? Good plants make them selves available at bad times. Maybe you are coming home from work and decide to stop by the fish store to see what's new. And they have the coolest bunch of plants you have ever seen! But you just did a trim and a water change and don't plan to get back into that tank for a week or two. Or you have plans for the next few days. No big deal, buy the plants now, and throw them in the staging tank/bucket and they will be fine for a few days. I have kept them without lights in a bucket for two or three days. It is not optimal, but it never seems to hurt them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1