Any recommendations for warm water (>80°F) cleaning crew species?

Allan B.

I've got a pair of German Blue Rams that I'm planning to move into a 20 gallon long tank soon, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of cleaning crew I can put in there with them that can survive 82-85°F water temps.

Unfortunately, my favorite cleaners (Amano shrimp and Nerite snails) max out at 78-80°F. I've got a "naturally occurring" population of rams horn snails in all my tanks, and while they aren't my favorite they seem to do seem to be able to withstand the lower oxygen levels of warm water thanks to being air-breathers.

Do you have any recommendations for building warm water cleaning crew?

On 1/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, jwcarlson said:

George Farmer has like 100 amano shrimp (and some number of cherry shrimp as well, I think) in his planted discus tank.  At 82*

Oh, wow! Thanks for linking that video! Looks like he's got Nerites in there, too.

• Like 1

I have several amano shrimp in my planted discus tank that is kept at 84*., have not noticed any die off, just saw a couple of them last night when I fed the tank, they have grown since I put them in. Sterbai corydoras, otocinclus, and siamese algae eaters are all species that I have kept at the warmer temps that discus and rams like.