what are your best co op products

BETTA999

I love the sponge filters (I have several of the large sized ones and a couple of the smaller ones) and I have the USB filter as back up in case of a power outage. Unfortunately, most of what I buy from the Coop are foods, fertilizers and plants which probably doesn't help you much....I can also add that I love the Co-op airline tubing-it is wonderful!

• Like 2

I love dried tubi worms! I stick them to the glass a couple inches above the bed in my 29-gallon community tank. The Cory cats and Mollies will swarm it, which allows a lot of the worms to float up so my dwarf frogs the opportunity to graze. Whenever I have someone feed my fish if I'm out of town, I can feel confident that a block of dried tubi worms on the glass will take care of my entire tank.

I've also recently purchased a nano sponge filter which I modified to fit into a 2.5 gallon planted tank that will house snails and shrimp on my girlfriend's office desk. I cut the sponge in half, removed one of the two internal risers, and nipped off the little nipple on the bottom. This leaves just enough room for a ziss airstone with *zero* excess airline. It's quite the impressive little filter -- I'll have to share photos of it, sometime!

Edited by kightlinger
schpelling.
  • Like 3

I love Easy Green. I also get my Repashy foods from them, especially Soilent Green. The red goldfish t-shirt is a staple of my wardrobe, and the towel I use practically every day. The snail catcher is also a must have if you have fish who like eating snails. I love how their sponge filters stack, too - I have 3 in my 75 gal. And I usually buy a plant or two with my orders. 

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the test strips! 

Edited by H.K.Luterman
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:05 AM, bettta999 said:

so far this is my cart {i dont have shrimp but my betas like caves }

Just a heads up--the shrimp cave is good for shrimp, but it would be too small for a betta to use.  The holes are maybe 1/2 inch.  Here's a (not great) picture of mine in my 20 gal to give you an idea...and with a bad blurry picture of a female guppy and the one bad leaf on the anubia for a closer size comparison.   The test strips are another great idea.

20220127_095533.jpg.fa36c7588c42de06698c14b1e95628dd.jpg20220127_095447.jpg.94f683745a3156796f3fbeff863fea20.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:00 AM, KaitieG said:

Just a heads up--the shrimp cave is good for shrimp, but it would be too small for a betta to use.  The holes are maybe 1/2 inch.  Here's a (not great) picture of mine in my 20 gal to give you an idea...and with a bad blurry picture of a female guppy and the one bad leaf on the anubia for a closer size comparison.   The test strips are another great idea.

20220127_095533.jpg.fa36c7588c42de06698c14b1e95628dd.jpg20220127_095447.jpg.94f683745a3156796f3fbeff863fea20.jpg

then the apisto caves

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:05 AM, bettta999 said:

then the apisto caves

I think you'd have good luck with those!  I like their coconut shell caves too--I've grown moss on them, and they end up looking pretty cool, although the "door" on mine is different than what's currently on the website.

• Like 2

If you’re wanting to hatch brine the brine shrimp hatchery and coop eggs are a must have. I also really like the easy planters for root feeding plants if you have fish that like to dig or knock plants around. I second the test strips as well, they’re great for testing quickly and accurately and you get a Lot of tests (if you cut em in half you can get 400 in one pack 🤯) get the multi test and the ammonia strips. Also, grab some stickers! You’ll get one automatically with the order but grab some others (especially Murphy) to deck out a water bottle or a fridge, laptop, aquarium rack, the options are endless. Finally I’d grab the towel, we can always use more towels in this hobby 😂😂

• Like 2

Sponge filters are awesome, have five. With this I always include the airstones, check valve, tubing, flow valve.

Lowkey I get a lot of use out of the $1 pipette and the measuring spoon (the tiny measurements on backside are super useful).

The aquascaping tools have held up well so far too. If you have plants get the curved scissors you won’t regret it.

Easygreen has been good so far. Gotta love that pump bottle.

• Like 1

My favorite Aquarium Co-Op branded products are the sponge filters, air line tubing, and Easy Green (note to rookies like me, Easy Green increases your nitrate readings, so don’t freak out like I did).

My fave non-Aquarium Co-Op products the Ziss line-up or BBS hatchery, breeding box, airstone, and egg tumbler. They cost more than other brands, but they are a really really good long-term investment.

• Like 1