AC Nano filter becoming noisy

BAT

I bought the AC nano air pump a few months ago.  It has been great.  Quiet as a church mouse.

However, in the past week or so i have noticed it makes a clicking noise when its running.  I have another one I just bought that is quiet like this one used to be.

has this ever happened to anyone? I checked the air tube connections and they are sound.

i will try to upload a video with sound.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/air-accessories/products/usb-nano-air-pump

@BAT I have not had any problems with mine, running for I don't even remember how long. 

I have mine hanging in a completely vertical position, and I clean my airstones monthly. Mine is hung behind a dresser, because they do NOT like condensation so I don't hang it close to the tank. 

The thread above has a lot of great information, although I disagree with the USB not being intended for 24/7 use. I would not be surprised if we are seeing a change in the quality of the plastic, or possibly some other component, as those of us with the early USB pumps aren't seeing/ hearing the change in function. 

Another possibility is maybe the USB pumps didn't enjoy the weather extremes while waiting for an untold number of months before the shipping containers were finally offloaded the ships.

I do know that I had not seen any complaints until a month ago?

And the few complaints have [to my knowledge] been about USB pumps that were purchased since summer.

@Candi would probably have better information. 

I do know that the USB pumps can't have moisture, when I used mine outside I did the rigger trick: hung it in a ziploc bag, that was inside a second ziploc bag with rice.😁

On 1/25/2022 at 1:14 AM, BAT said:

I bought the AC nano air pump a few months ago.  It has been great.  Quiet as a church mouse.

However, in the past week or so i have noticed it makes a clicking noise when its running.  I have another one I just bought that is quiet like this one used to be.

has this ever happened to anyone? I checked the air tube connections and they are sound.

i will try to upload a video with sound.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/air-accessories/products/usb-nano-air-pump

Email me, with a video of the pump plugged in and running, so we can hear. We will get a new one out to you. We won't need the air pump returned, just the video.  shipping@aquariumcoop.com      🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1