What does getting ich under control look like?

jwcarlson

Can I dose Kanaplex in water AND in food?  I am 4 days into it in feed and it seems to be having good results, but a couple cardinals aren't eating much even given the opportunity.  Or would it be best to feed it out the rest of the week and see what happens?

On 2/1/2022 at 12:09 AM, jwcarlson said:

Can I dose Kanaplex in water AND in food?  I am 4 days into it in feed and it seems to be having good results, but a couple cardinals aren't eating much even given the opportunity.  Or would it be best to feed it out the rest of the week and see what happens?

I wouldn't dose the water and add to food I would finish the week of medicated food if some aren't eating follow it up with a course of kanaplex to treat the water column

• Like 1

The two roughest looking cardinals seemed to have made a step change for the better overnight and were going after food a bit better this AM.  Guess I should just stay the course.  One week is up on Thursday, but it says 1-2 weeks.  I think I'm going to extend to two weeks to make sure I kill the nasty.

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1

Just a couple of spots left on two cardinal tetras.  Went from 10 gallon "qt" to their 37 gallon now, so hopefully that helps reduce stress long term.  There were A LOT of fish and I figured it was going to be a lot faster than a month QT.

It was a late and something (HOB from their previous tank to help bacteria growth) was holding the new lid up a bit and one of the biggest cardinals took a leap at some point last night.  😞  Haven't lost any to this bacterial mess, but did lose one to jumpin'.  

Still extending the treatment for the 2nd week, but kind of wonder if they would recover on their own at this point.  

Nothing really to report, thanks for the help!

Just to put a bow on this.  No spots the the last three days.  Two weeks of Kanaplex food finished yesterday technically.  

Going to give them the medicated food for a few more days though.  Bit of a battle, but seem to be at the end of it now.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
  • Love 1