Book recommendations

JMiller2020

Even with all info available online I still like owning a physical book. With that said any recommendations on these topics? I'm looking for kinda a encyclopedia that has illustrations and info on most/all species.   Books I'm looking for are freshwater fish,freshwater aquatic plants,marine fish,coral.  

• Like 1

I recommend picking up some of the historical books, they actually are loaded with fish keeper tips and tricks. I don’t have them all in front of me but anything written by William t innes is worth it, I also have some goldfish specific recommendations if any goldfish peeps are interested. I also have a historical water Lilly book that was amazing. 

A33A8BDF-9F16-4A94-A7AD-FED8E65E7F58.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello!

I actually saw that someone just posted about aquarium book recommendations and I was going to do the same haha on some similar and some slightly different topics:

freshwater plants, bettas, tetras, guppies, Cory’s, freshwater fish (small to medium sized fish), and anything else that would be helpful

thanks!

• Like 1

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend just browsing your local library. I have found a number of cool books about aquarium fish and ponds.

I enjoyed Jack Wattley's book about discus, and have a pretty cool AquaLog book about apistogramma 

• Like 1

Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants-Peter Hiscock

Aquascaping-George Farmer 

Ecology of the Planted Aquarium- Diane Walstad

These have all been useful to me in one way or another. I would like to acquire some of ADA's Art of Nature Aquarium books but they all seem to go for three digits on ebay so that will have to wait a few more years. Maybe I will find a full set of them at a yard sale somewhere.🤞

• Like 1