Now I just need a tank for it...impulse purchase!

PineSong

It's a pretty piece of driftwood. I've never felt that attraction to driftwood, but back in the day (40-ish years ago) I fell in love with a chunk of coral at a local (-ish is 20+ miles away local?) fish store that I had to have. I saw it there on a shelf for months and kept saving up the cash until I could buy it. I keep it stashed under my TV cabinet now as I no longer have a marine tank up and running, but someday, maybe I will again. It's just a really neat looking piece of coral with all kinds of ledges and caves and hollows for fish to hide out in. Here's a not so great photo of it. It looks better in person.

IMG_20220126_204520929.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today was the start of setting this tank up. I was surprised to find that the slate does not keep the driftwood from floating. That was not a problem with the wood on slate I've had in the past, but those had much smaller wood pieces.

I've got it weighed down with the crushed coral that will be in the tank.

I'm going to try to use mostly plants scrapped from my other tanks; the first one to go in was the large sword from my 20g long, where it was overpowering. This pic was taken before I added substrate. There are two bags of Peace River in there now, waiting for the dust to settle. I have a bag of Gemstone Creek to add after I get things set up. 

By necessity, this tank will house my overflow of guppies and platies.

29.jpg.967fbc6b3e1ffc7c4655962194c972c9.jpg

• Like 1