Aquarium Designer PC Game

GameCzar

On 1/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Ok, explain this to me gamers.....an aquarium game...but you already have ACTUAL aquariums.....isn't this equivalent of a race car driver playing a racing game? 😂 Whyyyyyy

I have no logical answer 😉 

• Haha 3

Well @Streetwise,  I can totally appreciate that answer.....silly risks in gaming life though still not the same as the experience even not taking risks in real life. And even if it's something you can do in a game (let's say jumping a river in a vehicle or putting a pirahna in a tank with guppies) isn't the same as real life (which would likely have bad consequences lol). I've played Mario Kart, but actual go-carting is sooooo much more exciting! All that to say, gaming is fun, I wouldn't dispute that for people (not for me) but it's not the same as OWNING an aquarium- if someone played it and never had an aquarium I'd totally get it. So I was just askin if there was a reason I wasn't seeing. 😉 @GameCzar's answer though, is perfect, love it 😄 

My sister used to play Sims, she had fun making her people jump in the pool and taking away the ladder. 😵

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
Typos are lame
  • Haha 1

This game has a campaign mode where you accept jobs to set up tanks for customers, so thats a neat challenge to do a specific aquascape.   It also has a sandbox mode where you can try out whatever you want as far as stocking and aquascaping.   There's a lot of nuances the game doesn't have yet, but it does have parameters, temps, and tanks require cleaning, etc.    Or you can just put it on casual mode and nothing dies lol

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 9:25 PM, sudofish said:

I've heard of truck drivers who play Euro Truck simulator, which is an awesome game if you've never played it. I fish occasionally in real life but one of my favorite games is fishing planet, which is just a fishing simulator lol.

Fishing Planet is great!  Haven't played it in some time. 

On 1/25/2022 at 11:30 PM, PineSong said:

Showing my age but I used to play Burgertime AND also made burgers at home, lol.

My kids played those games where you had to take care of virtual pets, while laying in their bedroom which had bunnies, hamsters, kittens, dogs, fish and triops.

Burgertime rules! 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Ok, explain this to me gamers.....an aquarium game...but you already have ACTUAL aquariums.....isn't this equivalent of a race car driver playing a racing game? 😂 Whyyyyyy

Beyond the reasons already mentioned, aquarists with tight budgetary or space constraints might use it to play around with tanks we couldn't otherwise allow ourselves to imagine. (I've been looking into this game or one like it; however I've got even tighter time constraints, so I'll have to stick to the limits of what I can imagine.) It all costs money and takes up room in my house!

In 2020 some racing leagues were turning to esports racing to compete virtually. It's pretty clearly not the same thing (regardless of what the marketing copy on the box may say) and there was one case of a driver getting fired from his team after hiring a professional sim racer to impersonate him in a virtual race. Wild stuff! And maybe something to be careful of if we ever do a virtual aquascaping challenge...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why do all the awesome games have to not be available on iOS. Mega Aquarium on steam is another fun one that is available on iOS though and while the base game doesn't have a lot of customizable stuff there are a ton of mods with custom fish, genetics, etc. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, PineSong said:

Fun times. Had to steal quarters from my parents' change jar to play. Goodbye, family values, hello petty theft!

I never had an arcade within walking/biking distance growing up. My parents wouldn't drive me because my mom didn't like arcades. She thought they were wretched hives of scum and villainy. That and at the time child abduction was on the nightly news every night. The country was like in a panic almost with the Adam Walsh thing happening and the Atlanta stuff.

• Like 1