Panda Cory

Fishy101

Hello,

I got a couple new panda Cory’s yesterday one died hours right after taking it out of the bag, and the other has this white stuff on his fins as shown in the photos. He is also not moving much nor eating.

I took him out of the main tank and put some food in there but he’s not doing much. 

Ammonia: 0

GH: 60

KH: 80

pH: 7

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Out water is usually really hard (GH: 180 KH: 120, but ever since December it has been softening. 

thanks!

3DA66790-EBB3-4FDC-8C24-974DB96F630A.jpeg

F06EC920-0D28-4F12-BD38-6D8E974B61CA.jpeg

AA031731-81D0-4250-A813-0762943227FE.jpeg

I would just Qarantine the sick fish if the others aren't showing any symptoms it looks like mucus in some on the pictures on his fins over production of mucus can be caused by parasites like flukes have you noticed your fish rubbing against things in the tank rapid breathing 

He has not been rubbing against things much, but there is not much for him to rub against in the current area I have him. Yesterday his breathing was fast, but today I could not even notice his breathing but he is definitely alive as he is occasionally moving. But he won’t even touch his food. 

Panda corrydoras were one of the first fish I got from our local fish store. Whenever I passed by their tank at my pet store they always didn't look well. They had popeye, lost fins, and dead ones. But I was new and really wanted this fish so I still got them. I was informed they weren't shipping well. Out of the 6, I had 2 survive. I had one I thought was blind because he wouldn't eat and barely moved. It survived the quarantine, 2 rounds of the trio actually, but when I moved the rest to the main tank I didn't feel comfortable moving him out of quarantine. He later died. I believe yours isn't strong enough for meds yet. Sounds like your tank is cycled already. I'd just watch him and try not to bother him too much with light or even moving stuff around the tank. Mine loved micropellets, frozen bloodwords/brine shrimp.

You could add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties and monitor for a couple of days it's a case of wait and see at this point medication might push him over the edge with being so weak

Edited by Colu

His condition appears to become more apparent. There don’t seem to be any really apparent mew spots but the current areas seem to be growing. However, I do see a couple faint white dots on his tail… He has been swimming around the edge of his tank and then resting. His gills are also starting to seem a little more red. And he is not eating so I was wondering if there is anything else I can do besides wait to see if his condition betters?

thanks

64F50FB9-5C50-4528-9BA5-E2C1AB951B3C.jpeg

D69CBAB1-2D53-4964-9D8C-ACE1FDA050FD.jpeg

DC48E3A6-1743-46B6-9334-21F2313DC647.jpeg

99A95A9A-3B43-4F3C-9B7C-3093A10026FA.jpeg

I don't think it ich that looks more like a small grains of salt on the fins and body of your fish with the red gills he could have been exposed to high levels of ammonia at the fish store and now you seeing the after effects you could do a course of kanaplex  or add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons @Fishy101 kanaplex is a good antibiotic for when your fish aren't eating as it adsorbed thought the gills and skin

• Like 1