Help, Fish Swimming Vertical?!

PoisonMoon88

My female Guppy gave birth a week ago. She was fine for a few days but is suddenly swimming tail down. Whats wrong? What can I do?! My water parameters are good. I did have issues with temprature fluctuations for 4 days but was watching it like a hawk and have it stable now. I am thinking its either due to temprature fluctuations, male being over agressive, or the algae wafers for the cory? I wont rule out possible bacteria/parasite issue.

Swim bladder disease?  Do I wait and see if low stress helps? I have removed the aggressive male. Do I salt? Do I medicate?  

Edited by PoisonMoon88
Additional information

I'm not going to be much too much help with this comment, but I've pretty much always had some form of live bearer, and I've seen similar things happen after they give birth. Birthing complications do happen from time to time. The more females you have the better, it spreads out the stress of the male trying to breed and gives them time to recover. Sometimes isolating them in a breeder box and giving them time away from the males helps. I would guess it isn't the algae wafers.

3 hours ago, 3vi1p3nguin said:

I'm not going to be much too much help with this comment, but I've pretty much always had some form of live bearer, and I've seen similar things happen after they give birth. Birthing complications do happen from time to time. The more females you have the better, it spreads out the stress of the male trying to breed and gives them time to recover. Sometimes isolating them in a breeder box and giving them time away from the males helps. I would guess it isn't the algae wafers.

Thank you so much for your input I really appreciate it. I will try that. Ive also never been on a forum before so Im still learning how to navigate. Thanks for your patience. 

• Like 1