New to aquatic plants

I'm new to aquatic plants so looking for some good starter info. Will be putting some Java Moss in an aquarium using some rough slate as an anchor. How much glue should I use to attach, a small amount in one spot, small amount in multiple spots, or a nice glob? Also, looking to let it expand in the tank so would it be a good idea to split the square I have into strips and let them grow together or should I just plant the square and let it grow outward?

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, NoobNerd said:

I'm new to aquatic plants so looking for some good starter info. Will be putting some Java Moss in an aquarium using some rough slate as an anchor. How much glue should I use to attach, a small amount in one spot, small amount in multiple spots, or a nice glob? Also, looking to let it expand in the tank so would it be a good idea to split the square I have into strips and let them grow together or should I just plant the square and let it grow outward?

Did you buy it attached to a metal mesh square? I bought my starter piece that way. I left it attached to the mesh for a month so it would grow out then pulled it off, cut it up and glued the pieces to wood with multiple small dabs of glue. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, NoobNerd said:

Patrick_G, They did come on the metal mesh squares. That was another thing I meant to ask; if it was ok to keep them on the squares.

I’m not sure why I left it on the square but it felt right. All the moss in my sig photo was from that one little square. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 6:41 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’m not sure why I left it on the square but it felt right. All the moss in my sig photo was from that one little square. 

oh wow, it really does spread... and great job with the tank btw! Looks great!

• Thanks 1