What are these worms???

Sunny Doan

From your video they look kind of like what MD had with his snails at 11:49 in the video (I shared the video w/ the time stamp already linked, but just in case!) and it's called Pleneria. 
He calls them flat worms with an arrow shaped head.
I'm not 100% sure if thats what you have, but they looked kind of like what you showed?
give the video a watch and let me know!

On 1/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, Swampbones said:

From your video they look kind of like what MD had with his snails at 11:49 in the video (I shared the video w/ the time stamp already linked, but just in case!) and it's called Pleneria. 
He calls them flat worms with an arrow shaped head.
I'm not 100% sure if thats what you have, but they looked kind of like what you showed?
give the video a watch and let me know!

they are not planaria swamp bones they are detritus worms

• Like 1

These are definitely not planaria. Planaria are white or brown with arrow shaped heads that move in a much different manner. They look like a leech from the way they are moving. More specifically Barbronia weberi more commonly known as Asian leeches. I could be wrong my eyes are not great that’s why I say look for pictures yourself to compare what you are seeing. Check google for pictures to compare up close. @Biotope Biologist ???

• Like 3

On 1/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, Sunny Doan said:

https://youtu.be/BAlB83hYHTs

found these worms crawling in the substrate of my tank. What are they? Are they harmful? Tubifex worms? 

These are not planaria. They are not moving like planaria, and they don't have the triangle head of a planaria. Have you ever fed live blackworms to your aquarium?

They look and move like blackworms. 

If they were slightly lighter in color, I would say detritus worms. Some people freak out about detritus worms, and will use a medication to treat them... and then have a massive ammonia spike.

Much easier to purchase a fish or two with a strong hunting drive, and let the fish enjoy the worms.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, Torrey said:

They look and move like blackworms. 

If they were slightly lighter in color, I would say detritus worms.

I apologize, I found out today that I need a new Rx for my glasses.

I seed my substrates with blackworms, and what I could see looked very much like the ends of the blackworms waving out of the soil... until I put on my new glasses.

Biotope Biologist explained how to do a positive ID on a leech (Guppysnail, you have better vision than I do): there will be a posterior disc that acts like a suction cup.

Planaria will have a triangle head, and you can see the eye spots on the triangle.

Blackworms are round bodied, and move in a fairly wiggly motion (similar to the worms in the rocks, but the tail and the head will both be wriggling).

• Like 2