Frozen Blood Worms & Shrimp Brine

Kurt Brutting

• Administrators

A lot of people would say thawed is better. However I like feeding them frozen as they take longer to fall in the water column. This allows many of my mid water species to catch them slowly on the way down, instead of all of them falling at once.

I put frozen cubes straight into my tanks so the fish can play rugby with the cube, and to ensure all fish have access (instead of only the slowest).

My old doctor was also a huge aquarist, and said with my autoimmune issues, I shouldn't handle frozen or fresh bloodworms, so I only feed those freezedried.

I don't remember what she said was the issue, I just followed the directions. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Torrey said:

I put frozen cubes straight into my tanks so the fish can play rugby with the cube, and to ensure all fish have access (instead of only the slowest).

My old doctor was also a huge aquarist, and said with my autoimmune issues, I shouldn't handle frozen or fresh bloodworms, so I only feed those freezedried.

I don't remember what she said was the issue, I just followed the directions. 

There are quite a few people that are allergic to bloodworms. There is a lady in my local fish club that ended up in the ER because of it, she didn't know she was allergic until she bought some frozen bloodworms to feed her fish and handled them to feed.