Aquarium smell

Krish

On 1/10/2022 at 8:45 PM, CalmedByFish said:

For me, a stink is usually something gross on the lid. If you can, I'd say to walk across the room with the lid and smell it. (Bonus points if somebody you don't know sees you do it. 😂 )

I don't have a lid on the tank

• Like 1

My tank had a funk a few weeks ago I found cyanobacteria on the central brace wipe down with vinegar problem solved. 

Cyanobacteria is the normal reason for a strong smell inspect all the surfaces try and catch it as soon as it shows then stick an airline where it appeared to keep it away. 

Make sure to cover your basics first, check for food or a fish decomposing somewhere in or around your tank. Did you add anything new to the tank? Is the smell like rotten eggs or dirt? Does the smell strengthen when you gravel vac? I had issues with an older tank where after gravel vacuuming the water I was getting from it smelled like rotten eggs, not a good thing but nothing that couldn't be fixed. I'm sure there's other things it could be too, others here will have ideas if these don't locate the issue. Good luck.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:08 AM, Krish said:

Hi guys,

I'm getting bad odour from my aquarium.

It was very bad untill I changed around 30% of the water.

Even after watch change  bad odour still persists.

Please advice me what should I do?

If you could let us know a little more, like a brief history of the tank, size, fish stock, feeding and maintence schedule, it would be easier to help.

IMO step 1 of diagnosing a smelly tank is to start feeding less.

• Like 1