QT tank crashed had nitrites in the water

Leo2o915

Did a75% last night and did another 50% like 10 minutes ago dosed with alpha and seed and squeezed a pre filter sponge from my main 40 breeder into that tank when I tested after the water change showing at 1ppm around there my question is should I do another water change or how long do you wait to see if the the bb from the sponger starts getting rid of the nitrites? I know alpha detoxifies it but for how long ? 

On 1/5/2022 at 3:25 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m not familiar with alpha. Can you just place the sponge you squeezed into your qt and put a new one or sanitize the qt one back into the 40?  You will get quicker results (I’m assuming you have more filtration on the 40 if not discard my advice)

Yeah I squeezed it into the QT and left it In there 

On 1/5/2022 at 3:25 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m not familiar with alpha. Can you just place the sponge you squeezed into your qt and put a new one or sanitize the qt one back into the 40?  You will get quicker results (I’m assuming you have more filtration on the 40 if not discard my advice)

Alpha is just a stronger version of Prime  aquavitro is the sister line by Seachem I think you can only get at local fish stores 

• Like 1