First, sorry if I’m just not finding my answer through searching! Second, I’m new here, so yay! 

I just harvested my first BBS from the Ziss hatchery (nifty contraption). I’m feeding two sets of angelfish fry (I’m a newbie in this area as well). Oldest are 4 1/2 weeks free swimmers, youngest 2 weeks free swimmers. I started with 1 tsp of eggs, and that’s a lot of BBS! I’m wondering a couple things:

1) how often to feed them?  (I’m using the turkey baster) & how much?

2) can I keep the BBS with an air stone in a container for a day or two???

3) any info anyone can share is much appreciated!

Thank you!! 

im no expert, but have had bbs live in the hatchery for at least 24hrs after hatching. i feed 2 or 3 times out of the hatchery, then ill freeze the rest in mini silicone ice cube trays.  will get many feedings out of the frozen cubes of bbs.

Edited by lefty o
typo
  • Like 1

Mine stayed alive for 48 hours after hatching. With aeration.

After that, I just poured them in a glass container and put them in the fridge (no aeration), where they lasted another couple of days. When I say "lasted," I mean I could take the BBS out with a turkey baster (they go to the bottom) and feed them, and the angelfish fry would eat them. I am not 100% sure they were still alive because when they get cold there is not a lot of movement.

Using this method, I am sure I fed BBS 3 days after hatching and I think even four days.