Male/Female Angelfish

KaitieG

I have a couple angelfish that have paired up and have laid a couple batches of eggs.  I just have NO IDEA which is the male and which is the female (or are they both female and I have unfertilized eggs?)

Here's what I know:

1. They are both very similarly sized

2. The Phillipine Blue is the one who guards the eggs

3. I've never actually seen one LAYING the eggs.

Here are a couple pics--they just spawned today.  I've heard people (who must be more observant than me!) can tell a difference with body shape and breeding tubes.  They look pretty much the same to me though--so, expert opinions?  Just curious!  Also, first time I've had this issue, but I have NO CLUE why these are upside down and can't seem to fix them.20220101_160047.jpg.a751dbefd745b79465744ddc0046e875.jpg

20220101_155857.jpg.97797dec68f737a2decd0aea82773e2e.jpg20220101_160047.jpg.a751dbefd745b79465744ddc0046e875.jpg

On 1/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

About the upside down pics I have found you have to turn your phone so the camera is on the top and the volume button is on the bottom. At least with iPhones 

I posted these on my computer, not on my phone, and they came through right-side-up when I emailed them to myself.  Then I downloaded and dragged them into the post and they flipped upside down.  Not sure what happened, but thanks 🙂 

On 1/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, KaitieG said:

I posted these on my computer, not on my phone, and they came through right-side-up when I emailed them to myself.  Then I downloaded and dragged them into the post and they flipped upside down.  Not sure what happened, but thanks 🙂 

Huh that is strange.