what to do for the best - apisto dilema

Flumpweesel

So about 6 months ago I bought 2 apisto cacatuoides double reds. One (female) is doing great and is big bright and best mates with my female krib. The other is not so happy very dark coloured in the body hasn't grown very much and hides most of the time  ( thought I'd lost it until last tank redress).  

Over the last few days I have made sure I see it eat. The krib and other apisto will chase if they see it but no damage and it does fight back . 

Should I separate? I have a nano tank I can use but it would be alone or should I just see if it can tough it out in the main tank. 

The tank is moderately planted and has lots of hiding spots.  The nano tank would be a fish in cycle (it is only a few weeks into being slow seasoned for shrimp).  

Tank is approx 60gal long (or 230litres). Water parameters are good (water changes done generally around 30ppm nitrates) it is a community tank overall the female apisto is the more aggressive the krib only does something if its blundered into and the ladies are fine together. 

My thoughts are if it is worth taking the bullied apisto out to see if it will feed up and return it later or if it stands a better chance getting through this in big tank.

I thought the females are fairly bland in colour other than when in breeding dress?

Could it be your apisto and krib have paired?
Even soI'd separate the kribs and apistos there will always be a territorial dispute as time goes on.

Maybe pick up another krib and pair them up in a different tank?