glass top rear trim replacement

I8DBBQ

I am hacking pieces out of my glass top's plastic rear trim somewhat regularly, as I continue to develop my maintenance practices for my aquarium. Over the past year, I've added this and subtracted that until the rear trim has more oddly-shaped unused holes than plastic remaining. I want to replace this piece for a new one and start over with it. Does anyone know where I can obtain replacement material for this, or have a suggestion for something that works better with the frequently-changing needs of the aquarist? 

This was asked on the forum earlier this week, most here do the DIY with light "egg crate" you can get at the home improvement stores (search the forum if you don't know what it is you'll get more info and pics) 

Hope the forum gods forgive me but someone else also posted a link to a site that sells the strip you speak of, it's the only place I've ever seen it being sold so I bookmarked it. It's for Aqueon tops, I presumed this is the glass top you meant.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3753+3829+3831+5346&pcatid=5346

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
to clarify

On 12/27/2021 at 4:41 PM, I8DBBQ said:

I am hacking pieces out of my glass top's plastic rear trim somewhat regularly, as I continue to develop my maintenance practices for my aquarium. Over the past year, I've added this and subtracted that until the rear trim has more oddly-shaped unused holes than plastic remaining. I want to replace this piece for a new one and start over with it. Does anyone know where I can obtain replacement material for this, or have a suggestion for something that works better with the frequently-changing needs of the aquarist? 

I use polycarbonate panels.

I had the same issue, cutting the original  plastic pieces up too much.

7CAAE43F-E14A-43EE-A60F-BBFF21DEBD12.jpeg

F9091309-8C06-4237-A26F-E16651469284.jpeg

• Like 1