Got experience with khuli loaches?

CalmedByFish

@Colu I know some species of fish are notorious for having intestinal worms, which I hear are a real pain in the neck to get rid of. I'd love to have some khulis, and I hear tale they're practically indestructible. But the only thing I was able to find about them carrying infectious junk is that their skin makes them more susceptible to ich and injury than scaled critters. 

Do you know anything about the typical health - or lack thereof - of wild caught khulis?

Most wild caught fish have some form of parasite and because loach are scaleless fish they are more susceptible to ich and other external parasites that being side if you do get them I would run them though 2-3  rounds of flubendazole or Fritz Expel p that should deal with most internal parasites 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll likely test this out soon - we plan to move some of shrimplets over to the 5gal with loaches when they get a bit bigger. Mine were very healthy and active when they arrived.

Despite what happened in my tank with a jumper (do make sure you have a good lid) they are my favorite fish we keep ATM. right now mine are all over their tank, looking for more flake food to steal from the endler, hanging from their "trees" and other goofybehavior. They will even use bladder snails on the glass as a perch.

This is what I awoke to today - is that a pose or what? He stayed like this long enough to get worried and investigate. Silly loaches.

20220104_085610.jpg.856ed9c9a5357861beb7f68b4ea7e60c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1