Spring Clamp Size Please

Bev C

Hello i have to try to get a spring clamp for my 55 gallon black rim tank to hold my water hose while filling during a water change Only store near me is dollar store and walmart they only have 4 inch ones they will not fit over my black rim ..  and hold the hose … I have to order from Hardware or amazon online and  I do not now what size to get .. I am not very handy on tools and Dyi fixers ..   I was thinking I would need 8-10 inch spring clamp to fit over the rim would any one have a 55 gallon and know what size to get .. i do not use a python or garden hose  but I use a water pump and 3/4  hose  i also tried the flimsy plastic hose holders with no luck  Any info would be appreciated . or does any one know something else that works .right now i am using a second person to just hold the hose ..  while filling and i do not always have a second person to help ..thank you 

my tank info if that helps It is Aquaculture Brand  55 gallon 48 long, 13 wide, 20 height not sure how think the black  rim  

@Bev C; Do the clamps have to be spring clamps? My canister filter came with spring clamps to secure the hoses to the fittings, I don't trust plastic to hold its rigidity, so I bought automotive hose clamps at Wally World and my hoses have been fine for 10 years now. The plastic spring clamps may have done just as well, but I wasn't taking any chances. You can buy these automotive clamps in some pretty large sizes at auto parts stores, depending on your needs.

Edited by Gator

Just a suggestion but I made a loop for hanging over the tank for water changes using 90 deg. hose barbs from Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-2-in-Plastic-PEX-Barb-90-Degree-Elbow-5-Pack-PXPAE125PK/301541106

I used 2 to make the loop.  They fit very snug into 1/2" tubing.  Use hot water to soften the tubing to get it over the ribs on the barbs.  It works great and I don't have to fumble with clamps.

@Barnacle_Gil thank you so much for this I like this idea  maybe it would not  scratch the rim as much as the clamp I am not crafty  or know plumbing fixtures I am  more visional when making things I will  need to figure out how to make the loop and how the Barbs work with hose .. thank you i really like this idea maybe i can get my neighbor to help me figure it out 

• Like 1