Glass lid backstrips

Medkow74

I don't know why this is hard for me to find on the interwebs but here is my question.

I have what I believe is a Marineland 20 gallon long, bought from Petsmart. I purchased a Versatop glass lid for it back when I originally bought the tank. It fits perfect except for the plastic backstrip, it doesn't go all of the way to the back of the tank. Does anyone know if I purchased the replacement Marineland backstrip would it fit the Versatop lid as far as glass thickness? None of my LFS seem to sell replacement lid parts so I have to order them online and hate ordering just to see if it works.

Thanks!

On 12/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, Medkow74 said:

I don't know why this is hard for me to find on the interwebs but here is my question.

I have what I believe is a Marineland 20 gallon long, bought from Petsmart. I purchased a Versatop glass lid for it back when I originally bought the tank. It fits perfect except for the plastic backstrip, it doesn't go all of the way to the back of the tank. Does anyone know if I purchased the replacement Marineland backstrip would it fit the Versatop lid as far as glass thickness? None of my LFS seem to sell replacement lid parts so I have to order them online and hate ordering just to see if it works.

Thanks!

I use a window screen cut to fit the area that the lid doesn't cover. It keeps fish from jumping out just fine. I was also able to cut away a space for a hang on back filter too.

• Like 1