Rice, rice, baby!

Kat_Rigel

Rice, rice, baby!

Just saw that my gold medaka ricefish eggs have hatched!!! 10 days exactly since they were laid! I'm very excited and just wanted to share my happiness! This is the first egg laying fish that I have intentionally spawned. I am excited to grow them out and spread them into the hobby!

They are SO tiny! I should be seeing more in the coming days as they have been spawning every day for the past 10 days. That's so many eggs! 😊😊😊

20201006_194703.jpg

• Like 6

I originally removed the Java moss I was using as a spawning mop to a separate area, and those are the ones that have hatched. I replaced it with hornwort. After moving the moss though, they started laying on the sponge filter. They really like to wiggle through or against something and I guess the hornwort wasn't cutting it.. I figure I will leave the eggs in there until they hatch, with lots of cover, until I can scoop them up and transfer them to the fry/egg tank. I currently have cherry shrimp in with the adults but I removed the mystery snails because I read they eat eggs; unsure if its true but sounded reasonable and was easy to fix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kat_Rigel said:

Rice, rice, baby!

Just saw that my gold medaka ricefish eggs have hatched!!! 10 days exactly since they were laid! I'm very excited and just wanted to share my happiness! This is the first egg laying fish that I have intentionally spawned. I am excited to grow them out and spread them into the hobby!

They are SO tiny! I should be seeing more in the coming days as they have been spawning every day for the past 10 days. That's so many eggs! 😊😊😊

Nice!
These are a fun fish to raise up and breed.

• Like 2