What's the fastest that you've ever seen angels pair off?

ange

I ran into some problems with the 6 double black velvet angels that I bought on AquaBid recently and was luckily able to rehome them to a breeder near me, and she also had an adult that she thought may better suit me. Her one condition for me taking him was that he had to live with 1-3 other angels. I currently have a baby silver angel who's a little too small so I bought him a friend closer to his size and this happened. They're in a 29g quarantine setup with 1TBS salt per 3 gallons and the male that I took home from the breeder is already clearing the glass (among other parts of the tank) for spawning and has known his new friend for less than 24 hours.

I had a pair of Koi Angels that ended up being 2 females. Saw a beautiful Koi being rehomed online and figured I'd try again for a boy. The same afternoon it cleared quarantine and went in with the ladies he spawned with the dominant female. 

Before the lights went off that night I noticed he was on the other side of the tank spawning with the 2nd female.  

Sometimes you get lucky, I've also had pairs that were definitely male and female that never paired up even after a year. 

• Like 1

Dang that's impressive. These two haven't spawned yet and I'm assuming it's related to food/water quality (they're not very active eaters and I've never heard of anyone spawning them in a salted quarantine tank). There's also (of course) the chance that I have two males and they're just trying to set territory, though they haven't squared off any and the quarantine is right next to my desk so I'm able to watch them constantly.20201007_114528.jpg.3334298929461f5d1c9bd3ba2181aa46.jpg

51 minutes ago, Joseph said:

I have a different problem my angel spawned last night and I can't figure out who the partner is thier is 4 angels all together and she is the only lady and chases the others away I really wish I can find the dad so I can put them in a separate tank 

Is it possible that she never paired with a male? My original angels back in 2014 were both female and would spawn and then beat on each other, I ended up having to remove one because I didn't have a suitable tank for separation.

I'd assumed that none of the eggs were fertilized, honestly I've been tempted to set up a Wyze/Nest cam on my tanks so that I can watch but I know I'm a bit obsessive so it'd probably be bad for me but in your case it would probably be good to see who the dad is.

My two ended up laying while I was working a double today, a few dozen eggs were left by the time I came home. Oddly enough, the female's papilla is still VERY evident (it has been for the last few days, I'm just surprised it stayed after spawning).

• Thanks 1