Best Ember Tetra Foods

Jen777

They will eat anything. They have very tiny mouths so event some of the "nano" foods were too small for them and I have to grind them down a bit with my fingers or put them in a pepper grinder. In the past I have fed Tetra Tropical Color granules, Big Bites, Extreme Krill, Extreme nano pellets, freeze dried brine shrimp and when my bottles get down to a 1/4 or so I just combo them in one container and put them in the freezer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

They will eat anything. They have very tiny mouths so event some of the "nano" foods were too small for them and I have to grind them down a bit with my fingers or put them in a pepper grinder. In the past I have fed Tetra Tropical Color granules, Big Bites, Extreme Krill, Extreme nano pellets, freeze dried brine shrimp and when my bottles get down to a 1/4 or so I just combo them in one container and put them in the freezer. 

agree. just about any flake food that is decent quality works well for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine seem to be doing ok—not starving—but I only see them go after the occasional tiny crushed piece of vibra bites.  They don’t go after the crushed up flakes at the top at all and obviously can’t eat the larger pellets the rainbowfish eat…

I am looking for something I can mix together with the rainbowfish pellets in the auto feeder that will come out somewhat proportionately.

I don't have embers, but my chilis seem to act the same as described above. They will eat off the surface at top, or grab anything slowly sinking to the bottom. They won't touch anything on bottom. I use the Co-op easy fry and grind down flake foods as well as bug bites. They'll eat bbs and newborn daphina but leave the larger ones alone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mine love the Xtreme Krill Flakes and Spirulina Flakes.  I tend to alternate feeding those two foods as my staples, and everyone is happy with it from angelfish to corys to my betta to the embers.  Even the shrimp will grab flakes and carry them off.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...