Cherry shrimp eating black hair algae?

Chad

I noticed some of my plants (Buce) have gotten tufts of black hair algae growing on them. It isn't out of control or anything, I was going to prune some leaves and see what happens. But I got busy the last couple of days and didn't get around to it. Today I'm finally going to clean the tank, but I noticed there isn't as much algae as before and a shrimp was grazing on the stuff. I didn't think they touched the bha, am I wrong? Is this something else? It's black, hairy, and algae so I figured bha. I've always treated shrimp as decorations (because hey, they're cool) in my tank and didn't expect much from their cleaning abilities. Anybody have better intel than me on this subject? Because I am all ears (ok, eyes, still getting used to changing my rhetoric to fit the medium of chats and forums :

On 12/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, lefty o said:

my amano shrimp are slightly better about eating bba, but the cherry's will nibble on it some.

Yeah, I thought amanos were great at this, never kept them but from what I read online anyway, but that cherries not so much. As if I could enjoy them even more, well isn't this nice!

• Like 1