Chill Saturday Morning In The Fish Cave

Gigrantor

Looks great! Love the pegboard everywhere.

I need to clean the intake sponge on my powerhead today, as well as move half of my juvenile platys to a new grow-out tank because they are TOO crowded where they are! The tank’s all set up and cycled, I just need to move them. Doing a water change on the original tank wouldn’t hurt either.

• Like 1

Yeah the pegboard is awesome. I should really thank the previous owner for installing it for me haha! Sounds like you have your hands full. I’d love to set up a proper breeding operation, but am limited on the number of tanks for now so I colony breed. When they get too full I sell to the LFS. Do you breed a lot of fish? 

• Like 1

Right now I’m breeding platys and ricefish, but I’ve bred honey gouramis in the past and I’m hoping to do that again one day. The ricefish just require a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon, and I switch the parents every two months or so and let the eggs hatch and grow. The platys… well, they have had a lot more babies than I planned on 😄 and I’m up to three 10-gallon grow-out tanks for them as well as a 55g with three sections (two for adults and one for fry). I also bring them to my LFS.

What kind of fish do you colony breed? That sounds easier than what I’m doing!

• Like 1

That looks very well organized! My supplies are in total disarray and I really need to get them straightened out, and I have an empty 10 gallon (Cosmo's old tank 💔) that I want to get started on because it depresses me to no end sitting there empty for the past 10 weeks. 

• Like 1