Not Freshwater, But Fascinating

PineSong

OMG I LOVE this guy! How cool! 

I remember as a kid there was a lotto commercial that had a guy who won go to a fancy restaurant where they sold lobster and you picked it from live specimens- he bought all of them and the next scene you see is him at the beach setting them all free. I would totally do that. Now I might keep one for a pet. 

• Love 1

That is so cool! Crustaceans seem to love to groom themselves. My Amano shrimp spend a non-trivial amount of time making themselves prim and proper. The Kelp crabs do the same, and Guacamole, the younger one, always puts a new hat and likes to try new decorations on his head.

If I could have a large enough tank, a lobster would be a great critter to adopt! Thanks, @PineSong!

• Like 2

Really cool video! A lot of the critters we eat from the market are actually temperate (cool-water) species, which makes this a little more difficult. But keeping some of the really large snails you'll find for snail at Asian markets or maybe setting up and a huge beach paludarium for the semi-aquatic crabs you find at the market would be really cool!

• Like 2

I love Leon the Lobster. 😭 It reminds me so very much of the one time my parents bought live lobsters to cook when I was a child. I got extremely attached to our lobster and wanted to keep him as a pet. Made me a super sad little girl to cook him.

Can't say I've changed much since those days. I still love inverts!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 8:30 PM, Expectorating_Aubergine said:

But he did give in on the tank mate. He put those little fish in there....

Only briefly. He got the killis last time, thinking that they would provide enrichment, and possibly even food. After observation, he realized that was not happening, and moved them.

At the end of the video, when he was reading comments and answering questions, he made some great analogies..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 10:37 PM, Torrey said:

I got the notification when this came out, and my spouse watched it with me 🥰

I would've been so scared to see my lobster laying on his side like that. And I could not have lifted out the exoskeleton with my hands. But I loved watching it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...