Fluval Flex 9 gal

Sunda

Hi everyone, I recently bought the Fluval Flex 9 gallon. It is a great tank so far. The only issue I am running into is the filter system. It doesn't look like it is filtering all of the particles, and my water is cloudy. I have cleaned it, done some water changes, and I still can't seem to clear it up. I would do the same with another tank I have and it is crystal clear.

I'm just curious if anyone has ran into this issue and how they corrected it? Any modifications or things to look for? I've only had fish tanks for about 3 years now so I would consider myself a newbie so if anyone has tips too that would be great.

Welcome to the forum 😁 If the tank is new the cycle may not be fully established and it may be a bacterial bloom causing cloudiness. Doing excess water changes will prolong the cloudiness. Let it be for a bit until the beneficial bacteria really has a chance to establish and the cloudiness goes away on its own. Best of luck. Hope you post pictures….I love pictures 

edit…make sure you are testing for ammonia and nitrite to ensure fish safety and still do water changes as needed for those. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

I don't think it's a problem with the filter.  Like Guppysnail suggested above, let it sit for a day or two. It should settle down. The cloudiness could be from the substrate, unrinsed ceramics, or bacterial bloom (the latter I never experienced... only read about) . 

Edited by Gideyon