Excited to be Here!

Boca Betta

Colleen and Duke, glad to have you here!

You'll find that a lot of us have a kitchen fish room, bed fish room, living fish room, office fish room, dining fish room, entryway fish room... there's probably even somebody with a fish tank in front of their toilet so they're looking at that instead of their phone, but no one has admitted it yet. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

On 12/13/2021 at 1:04 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@CalmedByFish I've always admired bathrooms with aquarium walls, I could totally rock one of those.... 

...all I need now is unlimited income....

My bathroom is too dark, but I've considered blind cave fish. If I didn't already feel in over my head, I'd probably do that.

"All I need now is unlimited income" said every nerm ever.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Colleen and Duke, glad to have you here!

You'll find that a lot of us have a kitchen fish room, bed fish room, living fish room, office fish room, dining fish room, entryway fish room... there's probably even somebody with a fish tank in front of their toilet so they're looking at that instead of their phone, but no one has admitted it yet. 😂

I have a shrimp tank in my master bathroom.... I sometimes look at it from the toilet... Eventually the tank will have to be moved so I can bleach things again, but for now it's a lovely thing to watch while brushing our teeth.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 6:39 AM, Boca Betta said:

Thanks everyone! I'll have to share my set up after I make a minor repair. I am currently dealing with a 2x8 that has warped pretty significantly. I think this forum is the motivation I needed to go down to the hardware store! Thanks again for the warm welcome! 

Good! If you go getting another 2x8 try to find one that's already dry. Once they're dry there's less risk of them curling up. You can also look up how to pick lumber that's less likely to warp. It's not easy. I use photos/illustrations still to this day and I've made whole cabinets, desks, dressers, tables, bars, shelves, etc over the years. Such a pain to find good lumber at big box stores. At least in my experience.

Look for wood that is quarter sawn, or rift sawn, with few knots, and no splitting. Rift sawn is fine lumber; most of the craft grade finishing lumber at the big box stores; sold by the foot and usually the wider runs are only sold in 1by. Even damp rift sawn is unlikely to warp.