A 360-second visit to my little fishroom

Fish Folk

Here are six unedited, reasonably still 60-second shots of 6 aquariums. Stopping by to watch these will only take 360 seconds.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth exponentially more. Maybe something you see here triggers an idea… some questions… confusion… whatever it may be, it’s fun to discuss our tanks with each other and learn what makes other aquarists “tick.” 

(1) Guppy Colony — 10 gal

(2) EBA Community — 40 gal

(3) Killi Colony — 33 gal

(4) GBR Growout — 20 gal

(5) Discus Community — 55 gal

(6) EBA Growout — 55 gal

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

On 12/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, HH Morant said:

Beautiful tanks!

Your EBAs are growing up!

Does the discus tank have any filtration other than the two sponge filters?

Thanks! Very kind encouragement.

Yes… EBAs are growing. With the holidays here in US, shipping gets risky. Once the Post Office has cleared out from this rush, I hope to ship many of them in early 2022.

Discus tank has only 2x large sponge filters for filtration. I also have a strong airline / air-stones in the center because warm water (83°—85°-F) holds _less_ oxygen than cool water.

Thanks for dropping by to check out some fish! 

Edited by Fish Folk

Really cool idea, nice to meet your tanks. Everything looks great your plants look very healthy and you have a bunch. What is that plant in the EBA grow out. I’m liking how dense it looks. Is that a grouping of plants?

Other than the GBRs I haven’t kept or done much research on any of the other species and obviously each of your tanks definitely has its own feel, are your aquascapes habitat inspired per species?  I literally wanna walk up and look into that killi set up. 
Your tanks look amazing, again very cool concept to show a bit of how you tick.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2021 at 10:40 PM, Atitagain said:

Really cool idea, nice to meet your tanks. Everything looks great your plants look very healthy and you have a bunch. What is that plant in the EBA grow out. I’m liking how dense it looks. Is that a grouping of plants?

Other than the GBRs I haven’t kept or done much research on any of the other species and obviously each of your tanks definitely has its own feel, are your aquascapes habitat inspired per species?  I literally wanna walk up and look into that killi set up. 
Your tanks look amazing, again very cool concept to show a bit of how you tick.

Thanks!

In the EBA Growout, I'll circle and label the plants below...

2137660801_ScreenShot2021-12-09at10_49_43PM.png.cbca712aca1e282fad286a71849742b8.png

It probably looks weird because the Najas (Guppy Grass) gets caught up in the Java Fern, making it look like some other plant.

I bought this huge Java Fern (on the right) at a Fish Club Auction. The seller must have had it growing for years on end...

As for aquaecapes, no, I really don't try too hard to match scapes with nature. Usually, I've had a tank set up form something else, and I just adjust it for new inhabitants rather than tearing everything out.

That Killi Colony tank freaks me out, honestly. I think there's stuff happening back up in there that's far beyond the reach . . . a "strange brew" concocting amongst the haunted woods . . . 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 10:54 PM, Fish Folk said:

That Killi Colony tank freaks me out, honestly. I think there's stuff happening back up in there that's far beyond the reach . . . a "strange brew" concocting amongst the haunted woods

That is an excellent way of describing it. It’s so ominous .

• Haha 1