Seachem safe for 20 gallon

sk_s

I can get the dose of 1/60th a teaspoon of seachem safe powder for 20 gallon right,so is chemically accurate,but because it is so small a dose,I think it would take maybe 10 hours or more to dwell in replacement water for it to work,as opposed to api stress coat which can mix in water quickly. Does anyone have a thought on this? Maybe seachem safe is not appropriate for small tanks.

On 12/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, sk_s said:

Zenzo  thanks for info. I think I will give up on sea chem safe,the manufacturer won't say it isnt made for small aquariums but I think that's the case. Will try fritz complete after I use up API stress coat which is what I have for now

ACO sells Fritz with a pump dispenser.   Makes delivery soooo easy

I use Safe in a 20-gallon and a 10-gallon tank. At times I have changed the water every day in the 10-gallon tank and every other day in the 20. Recently I can go longer in the 20. I put Safe in the water less than 60 seconds before putting it in the tanks. I am sure I put in too much, since the proper dose is so small. Angelfish fry are in both tanks now, four weeks ago, bristlenose fry were in the 20-gallon.

I have not had problems.

For 20 gallon tank I used this formula for safe: 2 teaspoons/120 ml, equals 1 teaspoon/60 ml, so one ml is 1/60th of a teaspoon.but I think safe powder is not the best choice for small tanks, fritz makes a good product I hear,and now I use api stress coat. That 1/60th of a teaspoon is too small to put in water changes,it would take hours to work. I have used more than that for water changes and it doesn't seem to hurt anything,but there are better choices for small aquariums than seachem safe.