What do you currently have in quarantine?

Dawn T

Just this past week, I received a new shipment of RCS and ember tetras (to add to my wee school). Both are currently in my quarantine tank. I can't stand the look or cold feel of bare-bottom tanks, so my QT is a very rough planted tank. That chunk of mopani has been in my tanks for 7 years and is STILL leaching tannins like crazy. It bothered me in my main tank (I'm not a black/dark water fan), but I put up with it in the QT, since I know the tannins are good for stressed fish. Photos are horrid, but I'll share them anyway.

20211204_124451.jpg.8dab5103b906e9c8953880af4aec6928.jpg

20211204_124503.jpg.fd69de5fb3107d58dbd385eac41dce33.jpg

• Like 2

Shockingly, I only have plants in quarantine in a bucket right now.  It’s been a few months since I didn’t have any fish in QT.  I’m in prep to move my rack so I don’t want to add any fish right now.  My pea puffer fry are nearly all sale size and once they’re gone, I’ll be moving the rack to the other room for a consolidated fish room.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, HH Morant said:

It's a quarantine tank, but became a grow out tank when I decided to save some eggs.

Now my plans to use the tank as a quantine tank for some new angels have been put on hold for a while.

Best laid plans for me always seem to run something like this.  Love all your little angels!

• Like 1

Unbelievably, NOTHING right now. I've stuck an Endler male and guppy female in there for a honeymoon but that's temporary and they will both need to go back to their respective tanks before she births more fry. I hope to find a red female platy to QT so that I can make some more of them with my red male, and as soon as I do the honeymooners will be sent home.

• Like 2

I have 2 African cichlid in QTs right now, both are 4-5” and have damage from aggression. Both tanks are heavy on the salt and both fish seem to be doing very well. 
Trying hard to keep QTs as QTs instead of add a lil gravel, a plant, next thing I know it’s just another tank.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 2:08 PM, HH Morant said:

It's a quarantine tank, but became a grow out tank when I decided to save some eggs.

Now my plans to use the tank as a quantine tank for some new angels have been put on hold for a while.

This is what has happened to my QT. It's currently a guppy fry grow out. I just got a 5.5, 10, & 20T for free. So I at least have another 10g that I can use as a hospital tank if I need it. Knock on wood, everyone is healthy and happy right now. No new fish coming home with me for a while. Too many guppies being made at home. lol.

• Like 2