ACO powerhead question

HotTunaCartel

I'm using the ACO powerhead (love it!) to spread co2 throughout the tank.  My question is if anyone has used a controller for it to slow down the speed?  I have a speed controller in the garage that is old but still works.  Wasn't sure if I should get one specifically for wavemakers of if the one I own would work.   My other option was to use a higher ppi sponge filter for it but I don't want to physically restrict the motor.  

Any help would be great 

Thanks

On 12/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, wally2088 said:

I don't have experience with this, but please share your findings if you end up testing this. 

Will do.  Been having some issues with the power head the last few days.  Seems it will start (can feel something happening) but no flow.  Seems I have to take the impeller out and reinstall for it to get going.  

Have to figure this issue out first before anything else.  

How long have you had it? It sounds defective unless it's really dirty, but I expect you're cleaning it when you take it apart. I bought an ACO powerhead recently and added a medium intake sponge to help pull debris out of my 75g.  

On 12/8/2021 at 11:38 AM, Wally said:

How long have you had it? It sounds defective unless it's really dirty, but I expect you're cleaning it when you take it apart. I bought an ACO powerhead recently and added a medium intake sponge to help pull debris out of my 75g.  

Just checked Oct 12th is when I ordered it.  I do have a medium sponge on the bottom as well.  

I do clean it but never have and junk in it.  

Edited by HotTunaCartel