White fuzz on new Anubias Nana Petite

I just noticed this morning that my Anubias nana petite has something growing on it. I have been dosing with Stability when I do water changes and Easy Grow Fertilizer (1/2 pump) once a week as suggested (5-gallon tank). My other plants look fine and no sign of whatever that is. I read that it might be a fungus that will transfer to my fish so I pulled it out and threw it away (the plant not the fish).  My last betta died with a fungal infection he never recovered from. 
I attached a picture. Please let me know your thoughts.  All my other water parameters are within range. My ph is 8 but I do have very soft water. 
thanks!

Amy

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, Coraline22002 said:

I just noticed this morning that my Anubias nana petite has something growing on it. I have been dosing with Stability when I do water changes and Easy Grow Fertilizer (1/2 pump) once a week as suggested (5-gallon tank). My other plants look fine and no sign of whatever that is. I read that it might be a fungus that will transfer to my fish so I pulled it out and threw it away (the plant not the fish).  My last betta died with a fungal infection he never recovered from. 
I attached a picture. Please let me know your thoughts.  All my other water parameters are within range. My ph is 8 but I do have very soft water. 
thanks!

Amy

Sorry to hear. There’s no photo attached… can you try again?? 

I am curious to read what our seasoned aquatic plant keepers have to say about this as well. I thought this was a sort of bio-film when I saw the same thing in person.  I had similar growths on some African Fern, and an Anubias Petite Nana that I recently got from my LFS. I didn't think much of it until I read your story.

@Torrey @Mmiller2001 @Atitagain Is the white film on this anubias something to be worried about? Have any of you experienced this?

I just had two plants with the same film that I put into my 75G a few weeks ago. Today I did see that one of my baby swordtails is missing a literal tail. Looks like needlefin, but water parameters are perfect, even <5ppm nitrate. Could the white film be the cause? I assumed it was an injury, now I'm second guessing, since the swordtail babies go through all of the plants.