Fish that spawn in groups?

Sunny

I’m not familiar with white skirt tetras. If you are simply looking for interesting and dynamic mating with egg layers …My celestial pearl danios are like a soap opera from the rivalry to the actual mating and fascinating egg laying. I have some videos of the process in my journal linked in my signature if you want to check them out and see if you are interested in them It’s closer to the last few pages. 

On 12/1/2021 at 6:18 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m not familiar with white skirt tetras. If you are simply looking for interesting and dynamic mating with egg layers …My celestial pearl danios are like a soap opera from the rivalry to the actual mating and fascinating egg laying. I have some videos of the process in my journal linked in my signature if you want to check them out and see if you are interested in them It’s closer to the last few pages. 

Well I just spent a few hours reading your journal. You have a really joyful writing style.

I don’t encounter many people on YouTube or internet talking about white skirt tetras, which is kind of strange to me because they’re sooo common in the big box stores here. I mean, they’re the most boring-looking fish in the store, but my husband really liked them. And I’ve really enjoyed their spawning antics. (They’re also the genetic base for Glo Fish skirt tetras.)

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, Dancing Matt said:

White cloud mountain minnows have cool behavior where they flair all their fins and rapidly shake them as they move through the water column. I see this mostly with the males sizing each other up.

Oooh I didn’t know they had that much personality! I do like to run my tank a little cool. That’s a great idea.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, Helan said:

Corys have a similar behaviour but they don’t breed as frequently, my tiger bar and do breed sometimes but never get any babies 

I have some panda corys, but I have no idea if they’ve ever bred. I have a friend who just randomly finds baby panda corys in her tank and I’m jealous 😆 

On 12/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, Sunny said:

Oooh I didn’t know they had that much personality! I do like to run my tank a little cool. That’s a great idea.

I have some panda corys, but I have no idea if they’ve ever bred. I have a friend who just randomly finds baby panda corys in her tank and I’m jealous 😆 

I heard colder water can trigger corys to breed but I never tried it myself 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:35 PM, Helan said:

I heard colder water can trigger corys to breed but I never tried it myself 

I’ve tried that, water change in a storm, repashy… I wonder if I somehow ended up with only males lol

On 12/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Sunny said:

I’ve tried that, water change in a storm, repashy… I wonder if I somehow ended up with only males lol

Could you send photos?, males are skinnier and longer, females often have fat belly’s and are shorter

I know it’s a Little hard to see but ,the first pic is my male the second is my female( see the fat belly?)

00CABE00-DCF2-4F11-9834-517A1CE56BB9.jpeg

89CC07C6-C430-4DF1-8AB8-463EFB44A17B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

4568BA1D-8CAD-44B9-A8C9-88142034C6B3.png.c349729f334b06fdf71d99e2e33d0af8.png

I think this is the best summation of sexing males and female cory cats. 

Corys you want the inverse triad - 2 males and 1 female as they usually form a breeding triad and zoom around the tank trying to get her to go into the T-position they use to breed. More corys are always better so get another 3-5 and you'll have a nice size breeding group. 

• Thanks 1