Is there a more cat like fish then Loaches?

lmhicks101

Disclaimer - obviously cat fish but I mean personality. I only have Kuhlis but from what I’ve heard it’s almost all loaches. 

I currently have 6 striped Kuhlis in my main tank and just got 6 more solid brown and black ones in my quarantine tank. A couple Pygmy corries and ottos are in there too going through. I put an old sponge intake filter in to add the bb and for the ottos and corries to have a little algae. This things like 2”x1” and has a hole that’s half that. A full grown otto would be hard pressed to fit in it. Yeah I just checked my tank and 5 of the 6 Kuhlis were trying to fit in there. “If it doesn’t fit it still tries to sit” should be all loaches mottos. Now I have to sit it upside down and wedge it with a rock so they don’t get their selves killed. Damn loaches but I love them. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Yea - i had one particularly small kuhli that would fit between the grate of the intake to my canister filter and then live at the bottom. I fished him out 3 times during canister filter cleaning (so he was down there for months between removal); the last time he spent days trying to get back down there before giving up - as he finally got too large to fit between the grill. At least he adjust well enough as he would glass surf with the other kuhli.

• Haha 2

Of course! Looks like you already got a few in your tank, but I am going to advocate for more Corydoras again. They have similar personalities to loaches - mine love to play in the current together.

The albinos are quite personable as well. Both are about two years old now:

Sometimes they even play dead like clown loaches.

There are a few of my experiences with cories. They really are great fish! Hope this helps.