Hi There!

Joe L.

Howdy! I'm a teenager from California who loves the fishkeeping hobby like many others on this forum. I currently have two tanks: a 55 gallon turtle tank with three sliders, and a 5.5 gallon desktop tank. Feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by Joe L.
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:14 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Been there, done that! 😝 

Welcome to the forum! Are turtles your favorite water critters?

@CalmedByFish Haha you guessed it, turtles are my favorite water critters! Although it’s a bummer sometimes when my turtles make a mess of out their tank.

Edited by Joe L.

I had a red necked terrapin when I was 8 till about 18. Lots of fun i wish the internet had been a thing then he'd probably have had a better life. But it loved to climb out its enclosure and roam the house (probably eating spiders) and would occasionally bite the dog who liked to lick it. (Not easy to remove from a dogs tongue(

It also used to enjoy having its back scrubbed with a toothbrush and salt.

They do have tons of personality. Welcome I'm sure you'll get lots of help and not just my random stories

On 11/26/2021 at 9:43 PM, CalmedByFish said:

🙂 I've never had a turtle, but I've heard they're super poopy. How big are yours?

@CalmedByFish Ohh they are more than super poopy, they can create a swamp for you in a couple weeks! I currently have a red-eared slider called Pumpkin, and 2 yellow-bellied sliders called Lime and Lemon. Pumpkin is larger than my hand, but Lime and Lemon are smaller than the size of my palm.

On 11/27/2021 at 2:15 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I had a red necked terrapin when I was 8 till about 18. Lots of fun i wish the internet had been a thing then he'd probably have had a better life. But it loved to climb out its enclosure and roam the house (probably eating spiders) and would occasionally bite the dog who liked to lick it. (Not easy to remove from a dogs tongue(

It also used to enjoy having its back scrubbed with a toothbrush and salt.

They do have tons of personality. Welcome I'm sure you'll get lots of help and not just my random stories

@Flumpweesel Haha wonder what happened to your turtle?

Edited by Joe L.
  • Love 1

On 11/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, Joe L. said:

happened to your turtle?

A sad tale of two kittens and tiled flooring. They'd found him and played with him (I was away at uni) by the time we figured out what was going on it was to late. My dad was convinced he was fine because he kept finding him in different places so assumed he was active.

Big hard lesson learnt.

I will also mention to end on a happier note that he used to climb up trouser legs when you were sat round in the evenings. Funny with us, really funny with strangers

• Sad 1