Hello from Louisiana!

It's hot. And humid. I was gung-ho about doing an outdoor pond in the beginning of COVID quarantine, but I'm glad I held off, because I remembered how much it sucks to go outside right now.

Anyways, I'm Stephen (pronounced Steven, not Steffen). I'm 35 years old and work for a large tech firm (remotely). I have a wife, two kids, two dogs, two cats, and seven aquariums. Started this hobby super-casually when I was in my early 20s, took a long break, and dove back in hardcore last August. All the money I used to spend building/upgrading gaming PCs now goes to fish keeping -- it's a better addiction that my wife wholeheartedly supports and enables, and one which I've forced upon my kids (they love their respective aquariums, but they won't be watching a fishtube livestream anytime soon).

Right now I'm at the stage of the hobby where I just want to have all the fishes, so I have settled on a bunch of community tanks and breeding livebearers and cherry shrimp (aka putting them in a tank and letting them reproduce in spite of me).

I'll upload pics of my tanks soon I'm sure.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

Stephen, it has been great having you as part of this community.

Cheers

I have always thought Stephen's member photo was my favorite of all! I smile every time I see it. And now that I have gotten to know him a bit through the forum, the photo seems very fitting 😃

• Like 1