Aquarium co-op USB air pump question

Gideyon

Last night I noticed my airpump wasn't running.  It was hot, but the motor inside wasn't moving. 

I unplugged it for a few minutes.  Plugged it in with the air hoses disconnected, and it at least vibrated. 

Do these things overheat once in a while?   It was pushing air to an airstone and box filter via T-connector.  The airstone became clogged, but it shouldn't have mattered as the air would've just redirected to the box filter.  

I unplugged it again and just letting it sit idle for a day or so.  

I don’t think there useles I have 2 running now   But that’s for running the brine shrimp hatcheries. I did try a few on the muck bucket pond and that was a no go.. and t rued I my sons room but that was probably a placement problem where his installed the pump to low. We are just starting to get local club meeting going and Miami and Tampa have good things to being from there some my be then abut each of those place is only 2 hours.. as I have said befor I have not bought one from aquarium co-op

On 11/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, LaurieinIA said:

I don’t have an answer, but have a similar situation.

I have a nano USB pump that stops in the daily. Doesn’t seem hot or anything, but needs good wiggle - sometimes a knock on the wall - to get going again.

I have had this same issue with 2 from the coop.  Finally just died on me, didn't last a year.

• Like 1