Bow Front

meadeam

I had a 46 g bowfront rainbow tank years ago. I liked it. It was where a TV should have been in my living room if my apartment. I liked the viewing window. The length was not ideal for rainbows but it worked and I had it for 3 years before selling it. The height can make aquascaping a challenge but  it’s totally doable. It was filtered by an Eheim classic 2215 which handled it quite easily. This was back when we were using T5s so lighting was good. 

I was pleased to learn that glass lids can be found for them as I much prefer that type of lid to the plastic hood I've seen bowfronts come with at the big pet stores.  I'm hooked on fluval lights as well, so I'd definitely replace the hood if not right away.

Looks like I'd need to use rim clips, as the bow front I am considering is rimless and I do not want to go without a lid.  Something to consider, but maybe not a deal breaker.  I'll have to figure out if it will work.

Edited by meadeam

I like the look of bow fronts, especially if they're in the right place.  Most of mine are flat, but I do think bowfronts can look really good as show tanks as they just offer something a little different visually.  The only one I have is a 5 gallon, but I like how it looks on the desk more than its rectangular predecessor.  If you have a place that would suit one, I'd say give it a go.  I wanted one for my big tank, but the furniture that we reinforced for a stand wasn't quite the right size for one.