Need help identifying white growth on Cory catfish.

Noah Dulaney

I am pretty new to the fishkeeping hobby and have a Bronze Cory in a 30 gallon community tank that has this growth on both sides of its body. It has been eating and acting completely normal ever since I first started to notice the white spots. It started as a white spot on the tail but disappeared within the first day or so and I thought nothing of it. The Cory now has a spot on both sides but it doesn't really look like ick. All of the recent water tests for pH, High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate came out fine.

Any ideas on what it is and how to treat it? 

Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (8)_LI.jpg

Could be Epistylis he's how you tell the two a part the best treatment for Epistylis is kanaplex in food if your not sure weather it's ich or Epistylis you can treat with kanaplex in food and ick x or seachems paragraud to treat the water column he's a food recipe just in case you need it

Screenshot_20210915-195657~2.png

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, Brandon p said:

I could be wrong but with all the pictures I have seen I'm pretty shore it is not ick but I will look some more. the reason why I don't think it is ick is because it is staying in one spot on both sides of the fish and is growing out from the body of the fish wile ick kind of spreads out across the body of the fish and stays like little dots. But again I could be wrong.